Yield: Serve 2-4 Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking time: 20 mins
3 pcs galangal root, 1' sliced
l stalk lemongrass, cut to 3" lengths
2 small shallots, sliced
1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
1/4 lbs shrimp, peeled and divined
1/4 lbs squid, 1/2' sliced
6 cleaned mussels
2 cups cabbage, rough cut
½ cup carrot, sliced
1 cup water
6 grape tomato, halved
1-2 red chilli peppers, halved (optional)
2-3 Tbsp. tamarind juice (lime juice alternative)
1-2 Tbsp brown sugar
4-6 Tbsp fish sauce
2 spring onion, cut to 1” long
2 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
1. Add galangal, lemongrass, shallot and coconut milk in a medium size pot. Bring it to boil for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add the seafood then add cabbage, carrot, and water. Cover the pot and let it boil for another 5-10 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, chili and stir well.
4. Season with tamarind juice, sugar and fish sauce. Add more seasonings if needed
5. Turn off the heat and add spring onion and kaffir lime leaves if used. Serve warm with Jasmine rice.